Deciding whether or not to vaccinate your child is a very personal decision. It was one I struggled with when my kids were little, until the decision became clear for me. But that took a lot of time, research, contemplation and risk assessment. Which choice could I live with? What consequence was I willing to accept? Did I believe the dogma of either side? I sat on the fence about the value of vaccines and whether or not to vaccinate my kids for many years.
Informed choice is an important component of midwifery care. Making sure families have complete and accurate information so that they can make a decision regarding their care that is best for them. When people are given complete information, their educated decision is one they can feel good about and confident in.
Many people don't know what is actually in a vaccine. So I thought I would just take a moment to share a list of ingredients found in vaccines.
1. Aluminum - Known to cause brain damage at all doses, linked to Alzheimer's, dementia, seizures, autoimmune issues, SIDs and cancer. This toxin accumulates in the brain and causes more damage with each dose.
2. Beta-Propiolactone - Known to cause cancer. Suspected gastrointestinal, liver, nerve and respiratory, skin and sense organ poison.
3. Gentamicin Sulphate and Polymyxin B - this is an antibiotic with known allergic reactions.
4. Glutaradaldehyde - Poisonous if ingested. Causes birth defects in animals.
5. Formaldehyde - Known to cause cancer in humans. Probably gastrointestinal, liver, respiratory, immune, nerve and reproductive system poison. Banned from injections in most European countries.
6. Latex Rubber - Can cause life-threatening allergic reactions.
7. Human and Animal cells
8. Mercury - One of the most toxic substances known. Tiny doses cause damage to the brain, gut, liver, bone marrow, nervous system, and kidneys. Link to autoimmune disorders and neurological disorders like Austism.
9. Monosodium Glutamate - A toxic chemical that is linked to birth defects, developmental delays and infertility. Banned in Europe.
10. Neomycin Sulphate - This is an antibiotic that interferes with Vitamin B absorption which can lead to epilepsy and brain damage.
11. Phenol/Phenoxyethanol - Used as anti-freeze. Toxic to all cells and capable of destroying the immune system.
12. Polysorbate 80 and 20 - Known to cause cancer in animals and linked to numerous autoimmune issues and infertility.
13. Tri Butylphosphate - Potentially toxic to the kidney and nervous system.